Saturday, February 28, 2009

More Awards/ Mr. Popular

Hey

Just a quick update. The National Guard Bureau General McKinley was on site today. I got to meet him and have dinner with him. He's really personable and seemed genuinely interested in the input we had to offer to him about being here and about the Guard in general. We also had our Commander's Call and I was awarded for meritorious service and received Kingpin Airman of the Week. There are other exciting things I'd like to tell you but will have to wait until I get back. Our projected leave date is May 17. Also I received two boxes today from Mom's in Touch/Marsha Turner. Everyone gets excited when I get a box around here because they know that it's packed full with goodies. I appreciate everything you and everyone else is doing for me while I'm away. I can't wait until I get back to personally thank everyone. I'm going to go back to my dorm and get some sleep. It's been a long day. I'll ttyl.

No comments: